Types Of Anti-Aging Treatment On Maui
Have you been checking the mirror lately and noticing wrinkles or fine lines? Or maybe you think your skin is getting loose or saggy? These are just some of the most obvious signs of aging. And while we can't stop ourselves from getting old, there is still something that we can do. And that is to reduce these physical signs and slow the aging process. Fortunately, many treatments can help with that, both surgical and non-surgical. So, find out where you can get an anti-aging treatment on Maui and what we at Wailea People and Paws offer as anti-aging treatments.
What is an anti-aging treatment?
Anti-aging is a treatment that delays or stops the aging process. Treatment works by reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin. Many things cause our skin to age quickly, aside from our body naturally aging. One of the leading causes is too much sun exposure. It's especially damaging if you don't wear any kind of protection such as sunscreen. You're also running the risk of getting skin cancer without it. Unhealthy habits also contribute to aging skin. Smoking, for instance, can make you look older because of the many toxins in tobacco that destroy collagen and elastin. In addition, not getting enough sleep, poor diet, and stress lead to older skin.
What can you do?
Worry not because dermatologists recommend many anti-aging treatments to help bring back your youthful glow. There are non-surgical and surgical options as well. You can also get recommendations from your doctor, depending on the level you want.
Popular anti-aging treatments
Many popular procedures for anti-aging are non-surgical. But they still give the same results as surgical treatment. These include:
- Injectables - the doctor injects filler materials under the skin to fill in folds and lines. These make your skin look fuller. Some fillers used are collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fat.
- Botulinum toxin - also known as botox, it temporarily paralyzes the skin to prevent creases and wrinkles.
- Liquid facelift - the doctor uses a combination of botox and dermal fillers..
- Face melting - an acid naturally found in our body can be injected to reduce body fat in other areas.
- Chemical peel - the doctor applies chemicals to the skin to remove to exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Dermal rolling - a cylindrical tool covered in tiny needles is rolled over the skin to stimulate collagen production.
- Microdermabrasion - fine crystals or sand are used to remove dead cells and improve skin texture.
- Lasers - dermatologists use these to treat wrinkles and lines and improve skin tightness. There are many laser treatments available. Some destroy old tissue to be replaced by new tissue. Meanwhile, some only stimulate collagen production.
Anti-aging treatment from Wailea People and Paws
Did you know that our hormones cause us to look old? Our body not producing enough as we get old, to be exact. Hormones can have an effect on collagen which then lessen as our body ages. It's one of the chemicals in our body that keeps us looking young. And we at Wailea People and Paws target aging problems beyond skin-deep treatments via hormone therapy. Bio-identical hormone therapy, to be exact.
Bio-identical hormones are artificial hormones obtained from plants but are completely identical to natural hormones. They also function just like natural ones. As a result, the body won't be able to distinguish between the two. This makes them safe to use.
Bio-identical hormone therapy helps those who are undergoing menopause or perimenopause. However, many patients using this treatment also notice that it helps with the physical symptoms of aging. So if you want to try out this anti-aging treatment on Maui, come stop by Wailea People And Paws Pharmacy, and we can discuss it.